Nowadays, due to stress, pollution, lack of proper diet, and junk food, having perfect black hair is difficult, people start having grey hair at a very young age. Due to grey hair, they seem much older than their actual age. Everybody wants to look young and attractive. To turn grey hairs to black, people use different chemical dyes on grey hairs to color them. This results in hair fall, damage of hairs, and scalp. This also results in more grey hairs. This can also cause cancer as it includes harmful chemicals like amino and PPD.
You can go for natural dyes for coloring your hair. Natural organic dyes do not have side effects on the body. Applying the only henna turns your grey hair orange-red. Indigo dye is one of the natural dye to turn your hair black or dark brown.
Indigo dye is an organic dye made from leaves of the indigo plant. Indigo has been used as a dye for a long time. It is used to dye blue jeans. The dye is extracted by grinding leaves of Indigofera. Indigo was known as blue gold. Natural indigo was limited and costly.
Indigo powder is natural and organic. It is safe to use on hair and it is best to color your hair. There are many indigo powders available. Do not get confused. Make sure your dye is 100 percent pure and organic. It does not contain any chemicals like ammonia. Natural indigo powder is made by soaking indigo leaves in water till water turns blue. Then the leaves are sundried and then crisped and powdered.
This process of turning green leaves to blue dye is being done for thousands of years. The dye is blue in color which is used with combining henna that turns your grey hair to black or brown. Applying indigo dye has many benefits like coloring grey hair and prevents premature greying, treat baldness, hair growth, treating dandruff, and conditioning of hair. It makes your hair shinier and thicker.
Top 10 Indigo powder for hair With Price List
Best Indigo powder for hair Review In India
This is 100 percent organic hair color. It is extracted from the leaves of Indigofera tinctoria. It does not contain chemicals like ammonia, PPD, pesticides, and synthetic chemicals which makes it chemical-free hair color. Indus Valley organic indigo leaf powder provides nourishment to hair scalp and follicle. It also treats dandruff naturally and treats scalp problems like itching, redness.
This dye will make your hair more shiny and beautiful. This herbal hair color is certified by India organic, Ecocert, USDA organic. It is 100% organic and safe product. It does not cause any allergies and has no side effects. Mix this indigo powder with henna to get black hair. You can experiment with a number of shades like brown, Burgundy, red with the help of a book that comes along with the product. The product is suitable for all hair types.
- This dye is 100% organic.
- It is suitable for all hair.
- It is certified and safe.
- It treats dandruff naturally.
- It provides nourishment to the hair scalp.
- Colour fades with one wash.
- It gives the light in color.
This is 100% natural and pure henna leaves. It is triple hand filtered which makes it suitable for body art. On applying on hair, its colors and conditions the hair. It comes in vacuum packing which is hard. Hennaveda Natural Body Art Quality Henna Powder comes in vacuum packing that protects the product from external air and temperature.
This henna powder gives brown color on black hair, reddish-brown color on grey hair, and a dark copper red stain on the skin. The products include gloves and a head cap. This henna powder is perfect for body tattoo. It also softens the hair. Also, it is easy to wash away from the hair. You can make a tattoo without any tension of allergy or side effects.
- It comes in vacuum packing.
- It is triple hand filtered.
- It is perfect for body art.
- It is costly.
This organic indigo powder is natural and chemical-free. It gives deep, rich, black, brown, Auburn hair color when used with henna. It adds hair volume and body. It protects hair from outer pollution and damage. Kama Ayurveda Organic is known for its pure organic products. This hair dye is safe for home use. It covers grey color and rebuilds the strength of hair.
This hair dye is not suitable for all hair types. So before applying this product to your hair, do a skin patch or hair strand safety test for safety. Always use this product with henna. This is made from organic indigo plants. It detangles hair and makes them more thick and shiny.
- It rebuilds hair strength and volume.
- It protects your hair from pollution and damage.
- It helps to cover greys effectively.
- It is not suitable for all hair types.
It is 100 percent pure and natural. It is suitable for all hair types. It gives different color tones like dark brown, brown, and black. It comes in a resealable ziplock pouch and is easy and convenient to use. this natural hair dye does not have harmful reactions on use.
It also conditions and adds volume and shine to your hair. This is an amazingly good quality product. Before applying read description on the pack to get the desired hair color.
- It is herbal and natural hair dye.
- It conditions hair.
- It comes in resealable closure.
- It adds volume and shine to hair.
- It does not cover the grey hair completely.
Solimo herbal henna comes with the goodness of ten herbs-Almond, amla, methi, aloe vera, hibiscus, bhringraj, neem, shikakai, Brahmi and reetha. It is ammonia-free and does not contain chemicals. It is dermatologically tested as non-irritant and safe to use. It covers your greys and conditions your hair.
It also helps in restoring the quality of hair. This herbal henna gives a smooth and shiny texture to hair. The henna comes in powdered form with zip seal packing of 400 grams. It gives off a pleasant aroma on the application. The ten herbs give nourishment to hair. This will make your hair thick, healthy, and shiny.
- It comes with the goodness of 10 herbs.
- It is dermatologically tested.
- It conditions your hair.
- It comes in zip-seal packing.
- It is not all effective.
This product is a combination of Pure Sun-dried powder of Amla Bhrigraj & Hibiscus powder every 75 grams. It conditions hair and solves dandruff problems. Amla is rich in vitamin A that keeps the skin looking young and elastic. Beijing is an ayurvedic herb that treats hair loss, premature greying of hair, and promotes hair growth. It also improves the strength of hair. Hibiscus makes hair root and strands stronger. This product is chemical-free and natural.
- It is chemical-free.
- It contains amla, bhrigraj, and hibiscus.
- It conditions hair.
- It makes hair dry and rough.
This is a famous natural dye for coloring hair black. It is also known as neely, Neela, was a heel and black Heena but gives dark blue dye. This is a natural dye used with or without henna for coloring hair or beard naturally. It helps in promoting hair growth, prevents premature greying, and treats dandruff on hair. It is chemical-free. This dye is safe to use for people who are allergic to other dyes. It is made of very fine quality. It gives dark brown or black shiny color to hair.
This dye has no side effects. Due to the presence of indigo, it conditions hair.when henna and this indigo dye is applied, it gives dark brown color when this indigo dye is applied with amla, it gives black color and nutrients to the hair. To get the black color to apply henna on your hair, and then apply indigo powder. Indigo colors orange color more effectively. To get different shades of brown, you apply the mixture of henna and indigo powder in a certain ratio depending on which shade of brown you want. This is best to cover a grey color.
- It is natural and chemical-free.
- It is safe to use.
- It is available at an affordable price.
- It conditions hair.
- It is not effective.
Indus Valley organic hibiscus powder helps to keep your scalp clean and exfoliate your skin. It is a natural cleansing agent. It is organic and made from natural ingredients. It is free from chemicals that may cause harm to your hair or skin. It includes amino acids that nourish your hair. This is made from the triple sifted process which makes it lump free and easy to apply on your hair, and skin.
Indus Valley organic hibiscus powder has multiple uses. It helps to maintain a clean scalp. It is enriched with antioxidants which makes it a perfect natural solution to purify your skin and keep your scalp healthy and nourished. This makes your skin glowing. It is an ayurvedic medicine that treats your hair. Apply this powder mixing with rose water to get effective results.
- It is natural and ayurvedic.
- It is a natural cleansing agent.
- It is made from the triple sifted process.
- Keep your scalp nourished and glowing skin.
- Many customers complained about the presence of stone and dust.
Best Indigo Powder For Hair Buying Guide –
Indigo powder is used to color grey hair. It is also known as black henna. Indigo dye is extracted from levels of Indigofera tinctoria. It is actually a blue dye which on mixing with henna in different ratios gives different shades of color like black, dark brown, brown, burgundy, etc. There are different options of indigo powder for hair which confuses buyers.
Many indigo dyes have a composition of different natural components like amla, henna, etc. The consumer should check the description before purchasing to avoid any sort of allergy or irritation after applying. Also, one should follow the guide before using it.
Always make sure your hair dye is tested and certified. The indigo powder is green in color. After mixing with water it turning blue in color and smells like dried-up peas. Make sure you do not purchase wrong or duplicate indigo powder.
How to Apply Indigo Powder On Hair?
- To get a deep black color, first apply henna on your hair, which will result in orange-red hair, then apply indigo powder, your hairs will turn shiny black.
- If you apply after mixing both henna and indigo powder, you will get different shades of brown. It depends on the ratio you have mixed the two.
- You can also add an egg or aloe vera for the condition of your hair.
- Before applying indigo powder, you must have a bow, a spoon, gloves, head cap, petroleum jelly
- *do not use metallic spoon or bowl. Metal may react with the dye.
- *Do not mix oils with indigo powder. You can apply oil after washing the dye from hair.
Steps For Getting Black Hair –
- Take a bowl and mix henna with water and make a thin paste. Leave the paste for 15-20 minutes. Make sure that your paste is not too that it may slide off.
- Before applying wash and dry your hair so that your hair is clean.
- Wear gloves to avoid the stain of henna. Then divide your hair into different sections. Start apply henna and keep brushing your hair so that the henna is equally
- Cover the head with a head cap. Leave the henna on your hair for 2 to 3 hours
- Rinse off the henna from hair with the water.
- This will result in changing the hair color to orange
- After drying your hair, make a thin paste of indigo powder and divide your hair into different sections.
- Apply the indigo paste on your hair. Make sure it is equally coated.
- After this, cover the hair with a head cap and leave it for 2 to 3 hours.
- Then rinse off your hair with water.
- This way your hair will turn shiny black.
- Wash your head with mild shampoo within 24-48 hours.
- This way you will get the black color of your hair as the blue dye easily turns orange-red color to black.
Steps For Getting Brown Hair –
- Mix the indigo powder and henna powder with water in a bowl and make a thin paste so that you can easily apply on your hair. Make sure paste should not be too thin that may slide off. Leave the paste for 15-20 minutes. If the paste becomes thick after leaving you can add some water to make it thin. Do not use metallic bowl or spoon.
- Before applying, wash your hair and dry so that your scalp and hair is clean. You can add anything like amla, aloe vera, rose water. Do not add oils in the paste.
- Wear gloves to avoid indigo stains on your hand. Apply some petroleum jelly on your skin to avoid indigo stan on your skin. Separate your hair into parts. Apply the mixture on your hair using hands or brush from roots to ends. Apply the mixture on your hair. Keep brushing your hair while applying so that mixture equally coated.
- After applying, your head with a showing or head cap and wait for 2-3 hours. cover over your head with a and wait for 2-3hrs.
- Then, your hair with regular water. Do not use shampoo and keep washing till all the mixture runs off your hair.
- Between 24-48 hours shampoo your hair. As the indigo dye is natural it may take 1-2 more days for darker hair. If there is any stain of indigo at your skin, do not rub or apply any oil to remove it. The stain will disappear within 1-2 days.
Grey hair is one of the symptoms of aging. There are many chemical dyes available in the market which colors grey hair. But the use of chemical-based dyes results in hair damage, dandruff hair fall and makes hair dull and rough. Along with this, cause irritation, headache, redness, and dizziness.
Using natural indigo is safe without any sort of itching or side effects. It is natural and chemical-free. This will not damage your hair. Also, this gives nourishment to your hair and makes them thick and shin, Even if you are regularly using indigo dye, it will not damage your hair or scalp.